The Formexperts API is an interface for accessing your Formexperts account data using HTTP and XML. The API makes it easy to create web and desktop applications that integrate with your account.
Some potential application ideas:
- Custom import tools (SalesForce, QuickBooks, Mailing Lists, etc.)
- Integrate form data or statistics into your web site
- External integration with other online services
To enable API access for your account, login to the Members Area and follow these steps:
- Select 'Edit My Account Info' from the right-hand menu
- Click the button marked 'Enable Formexperts API'
The Formexperts API has a single point of entry:
Please note the use of https:// in the URL above. All API communication is encrypted over HTTPS. Any non-secure requests are automatically rejected.
After enabling API access for your account, you'll be given a unique authentication token. For every API request you make, you'll need to present this token using basic HTTP authentication.
HTTP authentication traditionally takes a username/password pair, but since we're dealing with a single token, you'll only use the username field. If your HTTP library requires a password as well, just use an arbitrary string - like 'X'.
Keep this token secret. It should be guarded just as you would your regular account password. If you feel your token has been compromised, you can reset it by requesting a new token from the 'Edit My Account' page in the Members Area.
All Formexperts API requests are delivered as an HTTP POST request to the endpoint URL.
- Date and time values are submitted in of the form YYYY-MM-DD.
- Date and time values are returned in of the form YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.
- Booleans are either 1 (true) or 0 (false).
- Fields denoting percentages are passed as whole values, not decimals (e.g. 5 for five percent).
Responses are available in the following formats: