WESTFIELD STATE UNIVERSITY
College of Graduate and Continuing Education
ADDICTION COUNSELOR EDUCATION PROGRAM
ACE- H WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT APPLICATION
APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME. THE PROGRAM IS FULL. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO A WAITLIST AT THIS TIME, PLEASE EMAIL JESSICA TANSEY AT JTANSEY@WESTFIELD.MA.EDU. THANK YOU.
1. Complete below application·
2. Submit official transcript from high school, GED, or highest education level attained.
3. Please complete and attach a personal statement essay indicating what motivated your decision to enter the Addiction Counselor Education Program. Use the following outline to write an essay and include in the essay when you submit your application. Essays must be typed, double spaced, no more than two pages, and on 8 ½ x 11 paper. The essay will be evaluated regarding the material below and also will be considered a writing sample to evaluate your ability to express yourself in written form.
Use the Bolded words as headings in your essay.
1. A discussion as to how you will balance outside commitments and the required coursework 8 - 10 Hours Per Week;
2. An assessment of personal strengths and limitations as they pertain to your Human Service Experience, employment, or life experience;
3. A discussion of a personal or professional experience where you needed to maintain Appropriate Boundaries and how you will apply that knowledge to working with populations living with addiction?;
4. A Discussion of your Motivation to enter the ACE-H Addiction Counselor program;
5. Additional Information. Please add any other information you believe is relevant to this application, including any special learning needs or accommodations, experiences, concerns, requests, etc.
4. Please mail official transcripts and any supporting documents to:
Westfield State University
577 Western Avenue
P.O. Box 1630
Westfield, MA 01086